Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Message from Mom

Thanks to everyone for your love and prayers and support! Kristen is being such a trooper and not complaining - out loud anyway. I really admire the way she is handling all of this. She has had her moments of course - like cutting two inches off her hair herself because she was frustrated. Other than that ... :)
It's been almost a week since the first chemo treatment and she's been nauseous, felt like she had the flu with all of the aches etc., then got a cold and today a bad headache. Her mouth and throat have sores and she's stuck eating soft foods. Luckily she's a fighter and doing her best with all of this.
Kristen - I LOVE YOU and even though I feel SO bad that you have to go through this I really admire you and the way you are dealing with it all. You well deserve all the good that is coming your way. In the words of NKOTB - you are truly "hangin' tough" and I am glad you are my daughter!

3 comments:

Mike R. said...

Sister... you rock! Look at what you can do! You got mom to quote NKOTB(that took me a little bit just to figure out what that meant)! Anyway, love you and we'll see you tomorrow night! Keep on keepin on!

Grandma Kimmy said...

Kristen and family. . . I, too, just found out about your illness and want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you! We love all of you and have for many years!!! Stay positive and know that there are many who love and care about you.
Love,
Kim Olsen

Cindy Boyer said...

YES! HANGING TOUGH, I LOVE IT KARI! BRINGING IT BACK OLD SCHOOL. KRISTEN I LOVE THAT FIGHTING SPIRIT YOU HAVE IN YOU! ROCK ON GIRLY!

LOVE YA TONS

CINDY AKA CHURCH :)