Tuesday, April 1, 2008

From the cancer patient herself...:D

Hello to all! I would like to thank you all for the love and support you have given my family and me these past weeks. They have definitely been a whirlwind and I am amazed at how many wonderful people I have in my life. Thank you!! I know there are some of you who are wondering how this all came about. Let me tell you the story…
One Sunday morning a few weeks ago I woke up and it was very hard to breathe. So since I don't like bothering doctor's, I went back to sleep. But later on that evening I wasn't any better, so my mom and I went to the InstaCare. They determined that I had pleurisy, took an x-ray and sent me on my way. The next day they called to tell me the radiologist saw a spot on the x-ray and recommended a CT scan. The following day I went and had a CT scan. I went alone, thinking it would be nothing. Bad idea!! They had me wait to talk to the radiologist-that should've been a clue something was wrong. The radiologist called the ordering doc at the InstaCare and I spoke to him on the phone. He said something along the lines of- swollen lymph nodes, sorry to tell you, CANCER, call your regular doctor and see an oncologist. All I remember from there for a few hours is tears and shock. I went to see my doctor and she got me in touch with an oncologist. It's been crazy since.

I am doing well. I am mostly optimistic but have my moments of freakimg out. I am blessed and knowing that there is a good chance of being cured, that there are people out there that love me- I can make it through this.

7 comments:

Susan said...

Kristen- Know that you are in our prayers and thoughts ALWAYS! Please let us know if we can do anything for you! I can't wait for the party!
Love, Susan

JJ said...

I can't even imagine how that must have been for you. We just love you.
- Alisa/JJ

Angie said...

I love you so much Kristen! You ahve always been one of my most favorite people. Keith and I are praying for you. Good luck with everything.

henderson family said...

WE LOVE YOU K10!!!!!!!!!!

Cameron's Corner said...

Tomorrow is the big day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, I have a good feeling that everything is going to be a-ok. Love you Kristen.

Betsy

Heather said...

Good luck today Kristen. I'll be praying for you.

Dave said...

Hey Couz!

We pray that God will strengthen you and all who care about you as you face, endure, and overcome this challenge.

Practically speaking, I recommend Bellruth Knapersteck's guided imagery CDs. Syl Carson has some good yoga and guided imagery, too. Kitchen Table Wisdom and All These Things Shall Give Thee Experience are two of my favorite uplifting and healing books.

You have a great opportunity along with this challenge. May you know of our love for you!

Michelle & Dave