Thursday, May 29, 2008

#5

So Kristen has her fifth chemo treatment today and as usual on the day of, she is feeling nauseus and really tired. She is being a trooper though and has a good attitude still. She has a hard time sleeping and the doctor recommended some melatonin. She also has blisters on her hands and feet and the doctor said to put sunscreen with an SPF of 30 on it three times a day. Hopefully that will help cause lately she has had to bandage her hands a bit.
I've decided that we've all been careful so far with keeping away when we are sick, but my mother in law who is also undergoing chemo, is in the hospital with an infection and low white blood cells. She is having a hard time fighting the infection because of her poor immune system. It makes me think we need to be even more careful with Kristen and I'm sure my mother-in-law would say the same because she's miserable. So, if you want to visit but feel sick at all, please call instead, I'm sure she'd love to talk.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say your awesome. I feel bad about your hands, hang in there. We love ya
Nick, Lynette and kids.

Angie said...

Sorry to hear about your hands, that's no fun. How many treatments do you have to do again? We pray for you all the time and I will come visit next time we are in town.

MissGlimpseBlogSpot said...

I am so glad Stacey mentioned the sick thing. I can't imagine how hard it all is-- let alone getting sick on top of it with little immune system left to fight. You are awesome. Here is to keeping any sickies at bay:) Lovies, Missy

thepainterfam said...

I think about you all the time Kristen! Kristi has something for you from me that will hopefull give you some comfort, esp when the chills set in. Love ya babe!!!

Tracy

Unknown said...

Hey cute stuff! I think Stacey's right. Maybe we haven't been careful enough. I'll make sure I'm in full body substance isolation gear (BSI-you know what I'm talkin about you fellow med nerd:) )the next time I see you. I didn't know your hands were that bad. That sucks. How's the Bachelorette? Hang in there sweetie...
Wuvs